The newly updated 3DR X8 RTF heavy lift multirotor is a powerful, redundant and versatile solution for aerial photography and autonomous flight applications. This new version of the 3DR X8 has been completely redesigned from the ground up, featuring increased lifting power, improved flight time and greater responsiveness, thanks to its higher voltage 4S batteries.
The new X8 features Pixhawk, our most advanced autopilot system yet. Combined with precise GPS navigation, built-in advanced processor and sensor technology from ST Microelectronics® and a NuttX real-time operating system, this autopilot delivers incredible performance, flexibility, and reliability for autonomous flight.
With its plug-and-play brushless gimbal compatibility, its swept back front arms and stability in high winds, the updated 3DR X8 is an ideal aerial platform for capturing stable, jello-free imagery. This is a robust and easy-to-fly copter with flexible payload options that can take off and land anywhere.
Our new design is packed with features, including a fixed FPV camera mounting point, and a built-in 12V regulator to power FPV equipment and a gimbal. It also offers more room for accessories (such as FPV gear, OSD, sonar sensors, telemetry radios. and other devices). Fourteen M3 bolt-on mounting points make it easier than ever to mount sensors, cameras, and other devices.
The 3DR X8 arrives fully configured. Just unfold the arms and legs, attach the propellers, charge your battery, and you’re ready to fly.
The 3DR X8 RTF features
- A full range of autonomous flight modes, including waypoint navigation, loiter, circle, and return to launch
- Free mission-planning software enables virtually unlimited waypoints for reliable, repeatable missions, and flight data analysis
- Geofencing and robust failsafes ensure the safest operation
- Longer landing gear for additional ground clearance with camera gimbals
- A 12V regulator to run FPV and gimbals
- An I2C splitter for extra sensor/device connections
- Now compatible with large batteries (up to 12,000 mAh 4cell LiPo)
- Frame can now easily be transformed from traditional symmetrical “X” configuration to a trapezoidal “V” configuration
- Pixhawk Autopilot System
- 3DR Power Module with XT60 connector
- 3DR ublox GPS with magnetometer
- 880 Kv brushless motors
- 20 Amp ESCs with SimonK firmware
- 10×4.7 slow-fly APC propellers
- One (1) 4S 6000 mAh battery pack, battery charger and battery bag
- Vehicle weight (with battery): 5.4 lbs
- Box dimensions: 24 in x 24 in x 8 in
- Shipping weight: 14.5 lbs
- Average flight time: 12-13 minutes*
- Payload capacity: 800 g
* Average flight time for basic 3DR X8 RTF configuration. Actual flight times will vary depending on flying style, environmental conditions, payload, and other variables.